Nr. proiect: 2022-1-RO01-KA220-YOU-000087024
People with disabilities are most likely to report discrimination in areas such as engaging, education and training, use of the Internet and discrimination in interpersonal relationships and inequable treatment in general. What is also obvious is that the younger cohorta feels more discriminated during the first social contact and is most likely to report a disability barrier. Young people feel the perceived discrimination more than any other age group.
Among young people with disabilities - women and girls are facing multidimensional exclusion, being not only subject to stereotypes in society, but also social injustice in everyday life. Younger women continue to face a triple discrimination due to their sex, age and disabilities.
These are the reasons why our project focuses on inclusion and diversity, participation, civic commitment - it is an urgent need to increase the quality of work for youth, to improve the different types of skills related to supporting contexts for young women with disabilities (YWWDD ), promoting the genre. Equality, to strengthen the capacities to link these women to communities, including the use of digital tools for this underrepresented group.
Purpose: to support the increase of the ability of partner organizations to create inclusive environments based on improvements and new approaches that empower young people with disabilities for civic commitment, participation and community contribution to manifest their entire potential.
- O1. In order to increase the quality of the work of practitioners with digital instruments and practices that support YWWD as active partners in their own inclusion and participation through at least 2 innovative (methodological and pedagogical) products, in 3 countries/European level throughout the project.
- O2. Improving the applicative and inclusive character of the learning environments for the personal potential of YWWD through an interactive method (scenario) stimulating 2 transferable skills (leadership and solving community problems) in 3 countries/European level in at least 10 months of project.
- O3 Increasing the degree of awareness of the project and the ability to use and exploit its inclusive results in the 4 partner organizations/their external environment during the implementation period in 3 partner/European levels.
- Methodology of support circles for inclusion for 2 -part practitioners: one focused on the implementation of face -to -face sessions; Others, on virtual sessions that include best practices and tools for online facilitation.
- The virtual portfolio with 2 training modules applied: leadership and community problem solving.
- Civic Lab disabilities: Compendium online by 12 scenarios created even by ywwd with practitioners by practicing those transferable skills/leadership & amp; solving problems + practical guides for practitioners.
- 1 transnational training program: "Building Scenarios"; 3 national sessions (ToT) to transfer know-how to other experts working together with YWwD on various scenarios for more applicative & inclusive contexts; 9 national workshops with YWwD to build scenarios.
A strong partnership that promotes inclusion and diversity as the most relevant pillar among practitioners to increase the capacity of YWwD and empower them to lead healthy, engaged and productive lives in their communities – Beyond Boundaries! These are seeds for a better future both for the young women and their families and for the community as a whole.
Project period - 18 months (01.10.2022-31.03.2024).
The consortium consists of:
- The Federation for Accessibility of Romania as the main partner.
- Association of Consultants and Experts in Social Economy Romania (ACE-ES Romania).
- National Confederation of Disabled Persons (NCDP), Greece.
- CESUR (Centro Superior de Formación Europa Sur), Spain.